Friday, February 10, 2012

Expectations #4

#4.Steak

I'm a vegetarian. A carrot crunching tofu munching vegetarian. I'm looking forward to beef. Awkward right? Beef is a innate part of life in Argentina, or so I've read. The cultural significance and obsessiveness this nation is said to have with carne is what fascinates me, and I want to experience it. I signed up to live with a meatless host family, and Linette and I will, I'm sure spend more than one lunch wolfing down cheese empanadas, but I just can't pass up an oportunity to understand something so close to the hearts of the portenos. Anthony Bourdain anyone? You must know who he is, and if you don't STOP and Google him right now! I quite admire this gent for the abandoned manner in which he travels. He drinks absenth, he eats goat liver and he's just gernally a badass. Food is a significant part of any culture, lifestyle and location. So wether I eat the beef or not, I am still looking forward to it.

for picture click here

Cheers,
H.

No comments:

Post a Comment