Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Not-So-Short Recap

There are few things that fly by faster than the life of a student. Especially during Senior year. From my perch on my plaid couch (that has far too much cat hair on it), I can see my University Alumni pin. That's it. I've done it. The inevitable question is of course, what's next? There is much to tell, but first let's recap. After a year of neglect, and without better prospects for a domain name, I have decided to revise this blog. Originally a study abroad blog, (mainly to appease my mother, Hi Mom!), I will (prospectively) keep the tradition going. I have a lot of moving ahead of me, and though I am excited about it, I would like to be able to document it for posterity (well...mostly because I'm super forgetful).

Before we move on, let me catch you up: 
Here is a quick pictorial recap of my Senior year at University:


After returning from my adventures abroad I had a few weeks to enjoy the family in Spokane. Also, I shaved part of my head. In retrospect, maybe not the best decision.
Back in Moscow, Patty's Mexican Kitchen became my staple. I missed that green salsa more than anything else (Just kidding, Mom)
Senior Year included my new roomie Maddie and lots of homework. When those two crossed over it pretty much looked like this.

The Beautiful Campus of UI frosted. We mostly see it this way (except for that one day in April when it is sunshiny.)

Anja  and I in Seattle

Seattle Roadtrip

We called these dinner nights Wednesdays with Benefits.
I had a whole semester with Anna before she left me for Turkey.
But not before we all went to visit Anja in Sun Valley.

My wonderful dance partner Geoff and I during a solo performance.
Christmas dance with Cori
Wine Night with the I.S. Girls.
Garrett's Mad Hatter Tea-Birthday Party.
Naturally, I was the Queen of Hearts.
This little guy came into my life :) Charlie was a pest, but we grew to love him.
My wonderful parents in a nutshell
Second Semester also meant White Paper research. Lots of hours logged in the Library. The senior thesis project took up most of our spare time and some time we didn't have.
Though I did find time to eat.
And go to a few Breweries
Kate and I had a picnic one day :)
I also met this young man, who is a little bit of  nerdy and a whole lot of awesome.


Reading on our way to Portalndia

Oh yeah and I graduated.

So what now? You'll just have to wait and see....

Besos,
Hil

No comments:

Post a Comment