Wednesday, May 29, 2013

So Now What?

As with any recent graduate, there are a lot of big changes in my future. I have been slowly, inevitably, packing up my belongings (which happen to consist mainly of books and an odd conglomeration of clothing... and more books.) into three different categories. Why three? Because each of the three groups has a different destination.

My first destination is Spokane. I'll be there for a whopping five days, mostly sitting at home, studying for the GRE's, and hanging out with my family (Twigs happy hour, Mom?).

During the first week of June, I will be flying to the remote, daring, and fantastic (initiate hyperbolic intonation), Naknek, Alaska. Naknek is located about six hours southwest of Anchorage directly in the middle of... nowhere.




Why am I going to Naknek? I will be doing HR/PR and Payroll for a company there for the summer, and I'm sure you will hear all about it. My adventure in The Last Frontier, though only a couple months long, will, I'm sure come with many stories.

Three weeks after my early August Return, I will pack up my little blue Honda for the third leg of my journey, and proceed to drive across the country. (Complete with cheesy roadtrip music and a bestfriend with an SLR). The destination?  This lovely skyline:


I have been offered a position implementing a soft urban development project with Habitat for Humanity in Erie, PA. The position, funded by AmeriCorps, is one year long and a fantastic opportunity! I've never been to Erie, so I've been trying to do my research (complete with google earth creeping and flickr browsing.)

Though I still know very little about the location, the prospect of implementing a project that positively affects a community excites me. And from what I can tell about Erie, the sunsets aren't too shabby either:

 Photo Credit:http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6108/6324991775_ce910ce1f5_z.jpg

This Year Promises to be one full of new experiences, new friends and many, many stories. Here we go.

As always, Besos, 
Hil.

No comments:

Post a Comment