Friday, December 30, 2011

Expectations #2

#2 Commuting 


I have been on several subway systems in my lifetime, and have always glorified the pedestrian lifestyle, but growing up in suburbia has not allowed me to fully experience one. I am fascinated by daily subway rides and look forward to the tedium of catching 'my train home. Call me crazy but I feel that if I master even a small portion of the expansive subway system (called the Subte in BA), I will begin to feel more at home. The more I can feel like a porteño (local) the more I expect I will gain from my experience. Cinematic as it sounds I'm sure my first attempt and flawlessly navigating Subte lines will be more youtube worthy than oscar worthy, but I'm ready to give it a shot.



                                           Photo credit: Phillipp Klinger Photography on Flickr


Here's to maps instead of iphones... yikes,
Hil



No comments:

Post a Comment