Sunday, March 11, 2012

About Nine Thousand Words

It's been over a week here in my new home and I'm adjusting to life in the city. I feel realization begining to knead it's way into my head, reminding me that I'm here for the long haul. With the countless orientations over, (I have now been reminded by every adult figure in my life to 'be careful', and 'people steal things'. I get it!) I am now ready to step confidently into the city. I have much to say but school begins tomorrow. In celebration, Nelly took Linette and I out for Helado (ice cream) tonight. Wish me luck. I leave you with a couple thousand words worth of pictures. Buenos Noches, Chicos.

The view of Buenos Aires from my window

Café con crema: espresso with creme, an Argentine morning staple

St. Michael's Cathedral 

Protestors carrying a long Argentine flag through the center of the city.

Propaganda photos of the President displayed in front of La Casa Rosada

Old mausolea in the city

La casa Rosada, complete with protests spray painted on the fence.

Tugboat fruit vendors in El Tigre

Motorcycle graveyard outside El Tigre marketplace



No comments:

Post a Comment